We are locked indoors this afternoon! There is a
fire on South Mountain in the same area that we rode our motorcycle the other weekend. The air is the muggiest I've seen it in a long while and the few short seconds that I went outside to take these pics made these old lungs burn and it was hard to breathe for this asthma girl. I can't believe how many ashes are already falling and how fast that fire got out of hand. We were out and about earlier this afternoon and got back only a couple of hours ago to blue skys and birds chirping! Now it's greyness all around and ashes, ashes falling down. Our deck looks like it has recently snowed! This just reminds me of all the things that I am thankful for: a nicely sealed home, central air and beautiful mountains, and nice air to play outside!
Before:
.2.JPG)
After:

6 comments:
I thought about how smokey your house must be when I drove by on my way to work. Yes I am finally back in the land of internet and phone service oh it is beautiful.
Yucchy! That looks really bad...and probably smells horrible too! Is it under control?
Hey Becca, it's your long lost friends who finally started their own blog. We miss you all and hope to see you soon. Check out our blog at jdjenkins.
I was right up by that fire doing some work. It is amazing how quickly it spread I could see the huge red flames just over the hill from us. Trev was so sad that he wasn't the one hoseing it down.
If you can't stand your blog background, let me know... I was feeling a lil frisky and decided to spruce some up. (I can change it back if you'd rather.)
ANyways, what's random is two days ago a huge brush fire RIGHT by our house destroyed 10 home, ruined 10 others, and killed a woman. It was insane. The worst fire the city of Boise has ever seen.
I also was thinking about your house when driving home from work the other day. I hope you are breathing much better now. This is completely off the subject, but I was thinking you and Di should take your cute "Baby Bumpkins" up to Swiss Days in Midway. It's this weekend, and it may be too short of a notice, but it's an idea. Hope all is well with the business.
Post a Comment