Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Noodles and Grapes

Warning: Do not read if you have a weak stomach.


It's all I can do to write this and keep my stomach under control! For those of you who know me well, know that my #1 "fear" has always been, and will always be...vomit. It's so unnatural and disturbing to see and smell, everything about it is horrifying. Well, the last couple of days around the Miller household has been quite an adventure, and venture into the vomit filled world. Ever since I was a child I've kept a great distance from anything that has to do with puke or anyone that is puking, it's just not my cup o' tea. On Sunday Early AM an ugly little vomit bug decided to attack Olivia and I in our sleep, needless to say this was OUR first experience with REAL puke from a baby, not spit up, the real deal. (Might I add, sickness sure gets A LOT messier with a child!) It was again horrifying, just as I had remembered it. From the first day that I found out I was pregnant Johnny and I made a deal: He does the puke and I do (most of) the poop, forever! I've always wondered when babies spit-up would no longer be spit-up, and now I know, I no longer need to live in fear. That was truly a terrible night that I will never forget the aftermath of; Livi's noodles and grapes and my Cafe Rio salad, it will be hard to forget. (My apologies about this post...I had to do it!)

I am happy to say that we're both feeling a little better now, it took a few days and a lot of rest but we're starting to regain strength and appetite! Poor little Olivia survived Mom's worst nightmare and thank goodness she has a GREAT Daddy to take care of her. Johnny was SO great, while I lay on the couch all day trying to keep anything down he continued to: clean up after Olivia, give her baths, change her sheets, do laundry, get us Popsicles, shake his head and just say "you girls", and he still managed to throw an awesome Round Ball Ruckus with our new hoop! Praise and Thanks to the best Daddy in the whole world, we love you!
(And hope you start feeling better soon, that's right the bug eventually got him too! ewww.)

10 comments:

chel wakley said...

That is horrible, I agree with you I as well hate throw up.. I should make the same deal with my husband..

Diana & CJ said...

Nooo, it got Johnny now too. Snaps! I hope I don't get it. Maybe you guys just had a bad stomach virus or something. Ewww! Happy Livi & you are feeling better. I was thinking about you on Monday. Hopefully you were able to get out of work & stay home.

jayna said...

Baby throw-ups are the WORST! They just puke everywhere, at any given time! I so feel your pain on this one!

Bateman's Latest Kill said...

Rylee's first real throw up was olives and french fries it took me so long to feed her olives again. Yes I have also puked the cafe rio salad it will take you sometime to go back.

Ry, Katie, Jack and Ella too! said...

Sounds like a fun weekend at your house! I too am afraid of vomit and I too have also seen a cafe rio salad twice in one night so I feel for you! Glad you guys are feeling better!

Melissa Mae Johnson said...

Aw shucks, I'm so sorry! I feel the same way about vomit, as you know! Poor little Olivia and Becca!

Melissa said...

We have had a few nights like that where Kinsey will wake up and throw up all over her crib. I feel so bad for her as I am gagging trying to clean her up. We get it alot in MRI after we inject contrast. Patient puke is much worse than anything else.

LZ said...

the real question is...were you able to maintain bladder control whilst vomiting. my new fear since birthing the boy is peeing my pants in public.

Mistie said...

Way to many people agreed about the cafe rio salad. I think I will stay away from those.

Tiffany said...

I think it's a mutual feeling here that we all hate vomit. I told Jay that I'll clean every poopy diaper, but when Lilly blows chunks, he gets her!! I was pretty much gagging the whole time I was reading your post. :) I feel for you! Hope you are feeling better now.