Friday, April 4, 2008

Going Green...er?

In the past months I have made an effort to begin "Going Green". I haven't gone to extreme measures but it all began with a brand of cleaning products called "Seventh Generation". I had the thought while I was wiping Olivia's High Chair down with some Clorox cleaner, with a harsh scent and crazy chemicals inside, that this couldn't be good for Olivia to ingest. Therefore, I went to a Non-Toxic Kitchen cleaner by Seventh Generation! I loved it soo much that I have bought several other items and use them very frequently!

Here are some of the features and benefits that I appreciate:
*Non-toxic & biodegradable
*No chlorine or petroleum-based solvents
*No glycol ethers
*No strong acids
*Not caustic
*Not tested on animals
*Kosher-certified

So far Seventh Generation products have saved 251,351 trees and 397,470 gallons of petroleum. I love saving Trees!
Along with the Cleaning Supplies and Recycling I have also purchased several of these reusable grocery bags, and L O V E them! NO more of the kabillions of plastic bags I feel obligated to save & store!

6 comments:

The Murphy Fam said...

I'm trying to "go green" too :) I'll have to try that stuff - where do you get it? I feel the same way about the stupid plastic bags that are cluttering the floor of our pantry.

Mistie said...

Alright, what are you trying to do here? Upstage me? I take this challenge, Becca, and show you just how green I can be (and it's not with envy). I even have the stoplights on my route home memorized so that I conserve gas! Who's Lauren calling a poser-I'm the real deal!

jayna said...

I've thought about trying those cleaners, but do they kill bacteria? That's my big thing- if it cleans off the food or whatever, great, but what about the germs? Does it kill them or just swish them around to save for later? Educate me.

Bateman's Latest Kill said...

Go Becca I think you are cool I have no motivation for things like that maybe you can convert me.

Diana & CJ said...

Wow, I am easily convinced. I love the non-toxic idea. Plus it would be nice to save a tree or two. I plan on getting some of this as soon as I make my next trip to the store.

Mistie said...

So Albertsons by my house is going out of business and everything is 50%-75% off, so I bought every seven generation item they had on the shelves from fabric softner to toilet bowl cleaner. You better be right about this stuff.