Sunday, February 24, 2008

Under The Sea

Johnny and I have been wanting to visit the Living Planet Aquarium for awhile now. Yesterday we had some free time in our day and decided to go there to take an adventure under the sea! Olivia had a great time discovering the fish and sea creatures, she tried to touch them all through the glass and was completley entertained in doing so. Livi loved the exitement and watching all the kids run around, she was in complete awe of the situation! However, I'm not sure who had the best time: Olivia OR Johnny and I?

Crazy Eel's--They were huge...and really very disgusting.

Cool Bullfrog~ he was huge too.

Livi tried really hard to touch the octopus....

...and to touch the fish.
Mr. Octopus was ONE of my faves.

These Jelly fish were SOO cool I really wanted to swim around with them, they looked like they were having such a great time in there! :)
These were my favorite, I could watch them all day.

I don't know what they feed these creatures at the aquarium but everything is soo big...like this Humongous Lobster for instance, now that's a feast!


Bat Rays...aww the Bat Rays. The same reason I love disneyland so much, you can play with the Bat Rays. However, I had a hard time getting one to love me the same way that I love them. I had to really struggle to touch one while everyone else was casually waiting and feeling. I DID finally pet one but in the process managed to almost fall in and continued to get my entire sleeve wet. Shortly following the wet sleeve I managed to break out in a big rash and get some ugly hives on my arm. Ewww? Yes. Worth it? Absolutely.


Livi thought the Bat Rays were too cool, maybe next year she can touch them too (under Dad's supervision, of course).


Here's a cute little seahorse, but he looked soo bored.
We saw Nemo and his Dad there, too.

Crazy looking lazy shark. Oh, wow and a picture with me in it.


Olivia loves to be down on her own and is getting very good at her walking skills.

I met this great spotted fellow, and we fell in love in the store!


Oh, what a day....under the sea.

13 comments:

Mistie said...

Oh man! Avery missed out. You and Olivia will have to go again with everybody. Avery got to see the big fishtank when we picked my dad up from the hospital and she loved it.

Unknown said...

Becca, Loved all the cute pictures! I have to give my two cents on the car seat vote. I like the onyx. Go dark with kids! Love, Ang

Melissa Mae Johnson said...

I LOVE the aquarium! Last time we were there a sting ray literally jumped out of the water at Mae and EVERYONE in the room gasped at the same time! Mae just started bawling. hee hee
Little Livi is so beautiful. We need to have a play date.

jayna said...

Very cute pictures!

Diana & CJ said...

So fun, sad I couldn't go. What a fun place for kids. I can't wait to do mom stuff like that with you soon.

Bateman's Latest Kill said...

Thanks for inviting the rest of us. Glad you scoped it out it looks like fun we will have to go again.

Kate Rosenvall said...

So, I thought I would let you know that we just bought the Camooflauge car seat and we LOVE IT!

Mistie said...

Ok, so I'm new to the blogging thing give me a break. It was kinda obvious though. You need a pic of her with her teeth showing? Did Olivia get hers?

Cannon Family said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Thanks for the comments and sleeping advice. Unfortunately, Lydi Bugs won't take a binky. When we mentioned it to the Doctor, she said that would make it more difficult to ween her off the feeding. I will work on getting a picture of Lydia with her teeth showing and send it over to you.

RAD8RS said...

Hey Nitro,
Go check out our new pictures!

Mistie said...

When are you going to post your zoo pics?

Cindy said...

Becca! how fun that you found we old time ButlerHillerites!! It will be a kick "catching up" with you and yours. I already have a question for you- is this aquarium in Salt Lake?? Your photos make it look like its a really nice one!! If its truly there, Im going to have to hit it next time we're up there. stay in touch!

Melissa said...

You have a good camera. Every time I try to take pictures through glass they don't come out.