My newest goal: Start cooking more, and cooking to feed Johnny more Veggies! Johnny is still a kid at heart he loves a good adventure to, and meal from McDonalds. That's right-my friends, my husband is a junk food junkie. Ever since I saw this episode on Oprah about Jessica Seinfield's new cookbook "Deceptively Delicious" I am determined to start using her ideas and some of her recipes. I now have the cookbook and really think that she is onto something FABULOUS here, however I haven't tried any of her recipes so I don't know how they taste. If you haven't heard of this before i'll give you a run down...Jessica Seinfield (Jerry's wife) would come home every evening after a long day and valiantly cook a good meal for her family (we all know how hard that is) only to hear whines and complaints on how yucky it was from her wonderful kids. She stumbled along an idea while making some squash puree for her baby from the squash at dinner (that her kids wouldn't eat) and making mac 'n cheese so the older kids wouldn't go to bed hungry (again from not eating the good dinner she had cooked). She realized that the two: the squash and the cheesy mac, where the same color so she started adding the two together! Come to find that the kids loved it just the same yet they were getting their veggies too, effortlessly! After lots of practice and i'm sure loads of help she has devised a cookbook with recipes of all sorts that contain ALL types of vegetables (and fruits too!) I think this is a great way to sneak good, nutritious foods into your kids (or husbands) meals! We'll see how it goes!
5 comments:
Hi Becca! My sister-in-law has this recipe book as well. She tried some brownies that had pureed spinach in them. Her son Parker, who loves brownies, ate one and didn't complain. However, he did not ask for another brownie, which he normally does. Let me know how it goes. :)
Thanks for the advice on recipe's and on spelling I guess thats what I get when I am trying to creat my blog and work at the same time damn if they would just leave us alone when we were at work.
I love that episode of Oprah-she really is amazing. Maybe sometime I'll have to borrow that book from you, it's gotta be worth watching if it made it on Oprah.
You'll have to post some of the good recipes to my recipe blog! Gary is such a fast food junky too! I thought he was getting better until we went to the Dairy Keen the other day. I got a diet coke and he got a fried twinky--NO JOKE!
is mistie trying to turn you against me? My boy is pouting in his picture because he was looking at Mistie?
Post a Comment