Thursday, May 8, 2008

Another Shot, Another Sucker

Olivia's One year check-up was a breeze! She's healthy and happy, just the way we like it! All of the other Mom's with 1 year old's might be wondering...her new stats are; Weight: 18 lbs 12 oz (12%), Height: 28.8 in (33%), Head: 44.5 cm (31%~up from the 5% at birth...I love her tiny head). She's a little peanut, wonder where she gets that from? :) Olivia had her last bottle today on the way to the doctor's office (little did she know) it's sippy cups from here on out! Nap time has been a bit of a struggle without the bottle but we're only on day two, she'll get used to it right? (The Binki is another story, not excited to tear her away from that precious thing, any suggestions?) Along with no more bottles Livi is now in a forward facing car-seat and LOVING every minute, and looking so grown up! Johnny and I LOVE it too, now we can see her and talk to her better than before! She loves to point out the window and sing along to Johnny's music, and she likes to say "ooo" (like "Moo") when she sees her car seat! She has an entourage of new words she's says, they include: Kiya (and she says it well), Hi, Blankie, Wow, Auh-oh, Ma-ma, Dad.

Olivia's Shots get more and more sad as she gets older. She wonders why I hold her down while a scary lady stabs a sharp stick into her skin not only once but THREE times, ouch! Although it's sad I'm not one of those emotional Mom's who cry and can't stand it...I giggle a little and realize it will be over soon, it's good for her right? I just give her lots and lots of kisses when it's over and the sucker at the end makes it ALL okay!!
Here are some cute vids of a usual day with Oliv, just toddling around and being adorable!

Okay Mistie and Lynly I know Olivia may not match and looks somewhat like a little boy, but come on she still is one of thee (3) cutest babies on the block!:)

6 comments:

jayna said...

Love all the new posts and pictures! Olivia is a doll and growing up so fast! This is a super fun age- enjoy it!

Jennifer said...

She is so stinkin' cute! It is always one of my favorite things when you can turn the carseat around. I always look forward to that. Kudos on getting rid of the bottle. I always try to do it right at one too. As for the bink, no advice there. Unfortunately all my kids have been finger or thumb suckers, except Keoni who didn't use anything. I think stopping something attached to their bodies will be worse than a bink cause I can't really take it away. Oh well...

Mistie said...

I think she looks adorable. Shawnae commented about Avery's attire on my posts by saying "what the hell is that kid wearing?. It made me laugh to see how hard she is concentrating. By-the-way, I love the lawn chair for furniture. Where did you get it, because I'm in the need for furniture for the upstairs now that the basement is done?

Bateman's Latest Kill said...

Oh you lucked out by pointing out the outfit because you know that is exactly what I would have commented. I am also dreading the day of getting rid of the binki. The pool not so fun but lunch was a blast Rylee thinks olivia is the funniest thing ever which she is in her glasses. Lets do something again soon I'll just have Rylee wear a helmet.

Diana & CJ said...

She is walking like a pro. I love the videos & all your new posts. What a big girl & congrats on the bottle ending, thats a big step for a tiny girl.

Melissa said...

I love that carseat. Kinsey is into picking out her outfits so they don't always match either but it's cuter that way.