Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th of July

July 4th is always one of my favorite holidays, first and foremost because we celebrate our independence and patriotism but secondly it's because it's my Mom's most favorite holiday ALL year. Boy does she get into it with all of the flags and music and the red, white and blue. I love seeing my Mom so happy and that is why I love the 4th. Thirdly, (and this is in NO particular order) it's DI's BIRTHDAY! That's right my BFF Di was born on the 4th of July, what a cool birthday, everybody already has the day off work and is partying...every year! And I won't forget to mention all of the people who blow stuff up and do giant fireworks shows just for her...and our country! Happy Birthday Di, love ya.

It was a fun holiday this year, low key, nothing too extravaggant. Got together with both the Fam's on two different days and did our own fireworks in the street. Olivia really like the somewhat quiet colorful fireworks but hated the incredibly loud, screaming ones the first night. Good thing those home-made shows never last long. The second night she was more used to the idea and didn't really cry...was more mezmorized and interested in the fireworks! Overall, a success and a REALLY fun time hanging out with family and all of Olivia's cousins! What a blast...so to speak :)




It's Amazing I know!This Is MY attempt...failed.

2 comments:

Diana & CJ said...

Why thanks for the birthday shout out. I meant to ask you how that went. The firework in Johnny's name is the coolest of them all.

Jennifer said...

OK, that sparkler picture is the coolest thing I've ever seen. Love the pictures.